- Texas rockers ZZ Top & The ATL's Nashville Pussy face off at Edgefield - Oregon Music News
- Lead guitarist Ruyter Suys hit the stage like she was shot out of a cannon with a death grip on her black Gibson SG. Cartwrightâ€™s gravelly vocals cut through the unsuspecting audienceâ€™s eardrums like a chainsaw ripping into an old tree trunk. Buitrago did a phenomenal job covering Cudaâ€™s fierce rumbling bass lines.
Nashville Pussy destroyed the lawn chair and blanket brigade leaving shards of Eddie Bauer, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Dockers attire littering the perfectly manicured grass. [Read More...]
- PUSSY WHIPPED: NASHVILLE PUSSY LIVE AT THE KEY CLUB SUNSET STRIP
- Touring in support of their riff heavy, rock solid new release "From Hell to Texas" (Steamhammer-SPV Records) Nashville Pussy came out with sonic guns blazing demonstrating exactly what a rock band is supposed to do, KICK-ASS. Part chicken fried road boogie, part bluesy southern outlaw metal, this quartet from Georgia know what they like and are fully capable of bringing "it" to the crowd, displaying a raw and raucous style that is sorely missing in today's current rock arena. Husband and wife team Blaine Cartwright (lead vocals & guitar) and guitar goddess Ruyter Suys (lead guitar & backing vocals) have kept this Pussy purring down the highway since it's inception in 1998 and, having the good fortune to have seen them back then, I'm happy to say they show no signs of slowing down. Jeremy Thompson (drums) and the luscious Karen Cuda (bass) provide the explosive rhythm section.
- FAZER Online Music Magazine Â» MotÃ¶rhead at Toronto's Sound Academy ...
- Nashville Pussy opened the show and proved that thereâ€™s more to their band than just a clever name. They surpass any notions that their studio performances might give and are definitely a band to be seen live. The atomic combination of the luscious lead guitar licks from the blonde bombshell Ruyter Suys, and the blistering bass lines thundering from the gorgeous Karen Cuda, were enough to pummel anything in their path. Blaine Cartwright belted out his whiskey-drenched rasp on lead vocals that were matched with equally cunning and often hilarious lyrics. [Read More...]